The Department of Mathematics invites undergraduate juniors & seniors, recent Bachelor’s degree students, and Master’s students to visit us for a preview event. We are eager to recruit students for this event who will contribute to our department's mission of promoting diversity and inclusion in the fields of Mathematics and Applied & Interdisciplinary Mathematics. This event is a department-funded opportunity for participants to explore graduate education, participate in admissions workshops, meet world-renowned faculty and current graduate students, and explore in Ann Arbor. During your visit, you'll learn about:
- state of the art research happening at the University of Michigan
- the admissions process
- what graduate school is like and how it works
In order to be eligible to attend Fall Preview Weekend, students must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or undocumented students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan;
- Have demonstrated a sustained commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By commitment to diversity, we mean efforts in the U.S. to reduce social, educational or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race relations in the U.S.;
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
- Are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their families to graduate from a four-year college.
Please apply if you come from a background that is traditionally underrepresented in Mathematics and/or if you actively work towards promoting issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM fields. Please note that the application includes submission of a C.V. or resume and a recommendation from a professor.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of decisions by September 20, 2019
Apply Now or Learn More