The department offers a 4+1 BS/MS program allowing students to complete both a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in five years of full-time study. Full details about what is needed for admission can be found in the Blue Book.
- You can apply for the 4+1 program if you are in any BS program administered by the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
- Of the 30 credits needed for the MS degree, 6 can be counted also towards the BS degree.
- Requirements by the time of application: (a) Cumulative GPA of 3.2; (b) GPA of 3.4 in your undergraduate major; (c) two completed mathematics courses at the 400 level or above.
- Your application will still be considered if you do not meet the minimum requirements, but are able to offer appropriate strengths.
- When to apply: during your junior year.
- Application: through the Office of Graduate and Professional Education site. You do not need GRE or TOEFL scores. Two recommendation letters are needed for the application.
This Page Last Modified On: