Before you enter the Placement Program:
- Determine your placement goal
- Know your due date. You should begin the process at least one week before your due date.
Preparing for the Placement Program:
- Find a quiet place to work. Set aside at least two hours (you will have 48 hours).
- Make sure you have a secure web connection. Use a computer - not an iPad, tablet, or phone - so the program can display the notation properly.
- Have pencil and paper available.
The Placement Program (ALEKS):
- The Placement program is administered by ALEKS, Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces. This is a web-based, artificially intelligent assessment and learning system. Computer requirements and other information are provided when you enter the program.
- Only enter ALEKS through the link provided by this website.
- See the chart below for the step-by-step process.